This notice sets out how we will use your personal data, and your rights. It is made under Articles 13 and/or 14 of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR).
The purposes for which we are processing your personal data are:
- sending news and updates
- booking onto events
- allowing the viewing of webinars
- providing public information
- answering surveys, for example, feedback, evaluation and/or user research purposes
We will process the following personal data:
- your job title
- your email
- your organisation’s name
- your phone number
- your stakeholder group
- information you provide on if you would like to be part of a user research panel.
- information you provide on how you can support us, what you would like from the community of interest, and how you would like us to keep in contact with you.
- information you provide on your experience and your view of finding and apply for government grants
- information you provide on how many government grants your have applied for, if any, over the last 12 months
- information you provide on what you or your organisation find difficult about finding or applying for government grants that we might look to improve for you
- information you provide on the turnover that your organisation reported for the last financial year
- information you provide on what grants finder and application services, if any you have used.
If we record, film or transcribe the Government Grants Community events, we will seek consent at the beginning of each event.
Legal basis of processing
The legal basis for processing your personal data is based on data subject consent.
As your personal data will be stored on our IT infrastructure it will also be shared with our data processors who provide email, and document management and storage services.
We will also share your data with our data processor/s who are conducting research on our behalf who may, with your consent, create video or audio recordings of meetings and or focus groups. Their privacy notice is here
Your personal data will be kept by us for up to 7 years, or where audio/video recordings are used, until you withdraw your consent.
We will delete your data when one of these retention conditions has been met.
- You have the right to request information about how your personal data are processed, and to request a copy of that personal data.
- You have the right to request that any inaccuracies in your personal data are rectified without delay.
- You have the right to request that any incomplete personal data are completed, including by means of a supplementary statement.
- You have the right to request that your personal data are erased if there is no longer a justification for them to be processed.
- You have the right in certain circumstances (for example, where accuracy is contested) to request that the processing of your personal data is restricted.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where it is processed for direct marketing purposes.
- You have the right to withdraw consent to the processing of your personal data at any time.
- You have the right to request a copy of any personal data you have provided, and for this to be provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
As your personal data is stored on our IT infrastructure, and shared with our data processors, it may be transferred and stored securely outside the UK. Where that is the case it will be subject to equivalent legal protection through an adequacy decision or reliance on Standard Contractual Clauses.
Your data will be shared with our IT suppliers who provide mailing and meeting services to us. It may be stored securely outside the UK. Where that is the case, it will receive equivalent legal protection through the use of an adequacy decision.
If you consider that your personal data has been misused or mishandled, you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent regulator. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, or 0303 123 1113, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Any complaint to the Information Commissioner is without prejudice to your right to seek redress through the courts.
The data controller for your personal data is the Cabinet Office.
The contact details for the data controller are: Cabinet Office, 70 Whitehall, London, SW1A 2AS, or 0207 276 1234, email@example.com or GovernmentGrantsCommunity@cabinetoffice.gov.uk
The contact details for the data controller’s Data Protection Officer is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Data Protection Officer provides independent advice and monitoring of Cabinet Office’s use of personal information.
21 March 2022